How To Sew A Circle Scarf
A circle scarf is a scarf that has no end. It’s also known as an Infinity Scarf. This is a very nice fashionable and warm accessory… and the fun part about a circle scarf is the different ways you can wear it.
They sell online ranging from $9 to $50 based on the brand name. But you can sew up this stylish accessory quickly and for the mere cost of the fabric.
1. Cut a piece of fabric 21″ wide by 72″ long. This will end up to be a 10″ wide scarf. You can, of course, vary the size of your scarf by changing the cut dimensions.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise right sides together.
3. Sew a 1/2″ seam along the 72″ raw edge.
4. Press the seam flat and turn the tube right side out.
5. Optionally twist the tube one or two times creating a permanent twist in the scarf.
6. Starting at one short end, turn the tube wrong side out until the 2 short ends are aligned.
7. Sew a 1/2″ seam along the short ends… but leave an opening that’s big enough to turn the scarf right side out. About 5″ or so.
8. Turn the scarf right side out and hand whip stitch the hole shut.
Another alternative is to serge a piece of fabric that is 10″ x 72″. It would be a flimsier and less bulky infinity scarf. Silk would be a good option for this.
How To Tie Your Circle Scarf
Now that you have your very stylish circle scarf all sewn up, it’s time to learn how to wear it. Now, I’m am not a fashion expert, so I found a great web page that shows you all the different ways to wear your scarf. It even has a video for 3 of the styles.